Exciting Opportunity with The Inland Group, BC, Canada.
The Inland Group a dynamic leader in a competitive Heavy-Duty Truck and Equipment marketplace are looking to recruit a number of HGV Mechanics for their ever expanding workshops in BC, Canada.
These positions are based in Terrace and Fort Saint John in BC, Canada and would ideally suit individuals with a keen interest in outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, quading, ice skating, hiking, golfing and snow-mobiling.
The expanse of Canada's natural beauty, from mountains and glaciers to secluded lakes and forests, is almost unparalleled worldwide. But Canada's allure is not just the great outdoors, Canada has cosmopolitan cities that are clean, safe, friendly and multicultural. In fact, Canada repeatedly is described as one of the world's most livable countries.
Repair and maintain diesel engine industrial trucks according to dealership and factory specifications.
• Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards
• Analyzes customers’ truck performance complaints, diagnoses cause of any malfunctions, and performs repairs
• Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts
• Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended
• Communicates with service advisor/shop foreman or lead hand, immediately, if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time
• Road tests vehicles when required
• Participates in manufacturer sponsored training programs, schools, and events
• Reports common machinery and tool defects or malfunctions to supervisor
• Keeps shop area neat and clean after each repair
• Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, must be able to walk around shop floor and exterior yard area (long periods standing / walking requires mobility to easily access and egress trucks and equipment
• Must be willing and able to work various shifts, possibly including weekends
• Must be willing and able to work overtime when required
Education and experience:
• Qualification as a Licensed Truck Mechanic essential
• Experience on Kenworth preferable but not essential
• Experience on Cummins, CAT, MX and Eaton engines is desirable
• Five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Computer skills and experience preferred
• Supervisory skills and experience preferred but not essential
Salary: $ 35–41 per hour plus overtime and relocation assistance.
Face to face interviews will take place in Manchester and Dublin in September/October 2014
Please forward resume to Samantha by replying to this advert.
Or contact UK +44 20 3432 8597 or IRE +353 1 6852619